Volunteers & New Board Members Needed
Like all volunteer organizations, we are only strong if we have enough volunteers. We’ve been fortunate in the past to have a number of very capable and willing volunteers. We have now reached a point where we need to reinvigorate our volunteer base and have several opportunities available.
Anyone interested in the positions below could join the board and focus on that particular initiate if they liked. Joining the board is not a requirement though; these are also stand-alone volunteer roles.
- Newsletter Editor – Our goal is to publish two newsletters a year to inform our memberships and the general public of what the association is up to. Ideally this person would join our board as being on the board will give the editor a first-hand understanding of what to include in the newsletters.
- Publicity and Promotion – We could use someone that could help get the word out about the ECTA and the Trailway. It doesn’t necessarily need to be someone doing the public speaking but either has the contacts or the desire to find the contacts in the press and with other organizations.
- Membership Communication – Send out membership packages to new members and Thank You cards for donations.
- Interpretive Sign Development – We are looking to develop a series of interpretive signs to place along the Trailway. We’ll need help developing the content and with installation.
- Trailway Events – Do you think we should be hosting events for the Trailway and are interested in helping lead this initiative?
Do you have an idea for a project that could be done on the Trailway? Let us know what you’re thinking and what you are prepared to do and what the association can do. We are always looking for new ideas.